It’s not much but it’s what we can do, and it is perfect. This is Cam and I’s first Christmas together, and this is in our room in our apartment. (We have other roommates) we won’t get to spend Christmas Day together because we are both going home to visit our families. But this is by far the best Christmas ever. It is not the size, or the amount, or even the gifts that matters, what matters is that this year I got the best gift ever, Cameron. I love him so much and regardless of how much or how little we have we have each other and we have love and that is all that matters.
I have the best girlfriend in the world :) this necklace that she got me will mean more to me than anyone could ever know. I embrace my trans* identity, and I love who I am!
Thank you so much babygirl you are so amazing!
I’m getting surgery in the morning. I am still in a ton of pain… Ugh guise will you leave me love for when I get out :)
Excellent article profiling transgender people, both active and veterans, in the military. With DADT gone, this is obviously the next major milestone to aim for.
I am going to alter the set post soon. People are upset that I said I was open to corrections but aren’t changing them. I have not been as active on tumblr as I used to be, and if I am active it’s on my main blog. I have a life and will get around to it very soon.
I will be changing:
I also will make a side post about the definitions and why I chose to present them how I did. that link will then be added to the description, so look out for that as well.
I’ll probably do this all now while I’m in the mood.
—PLEASE REBLOG THIS—
This is a compilation of resources for female-assigned-at-birth (FAAB), non-male identified people who want top surgery. This document will include a list of surgeons who are willing to perform top surgery on genderqueer/non-male-identified people, as well as a list of blogs of people who want top surgery or have had top surgery but are not male-identified.
This information has been collected from a variety of sources. If there is something you see that needs to be added or corrected, please let me know. I want to make this list as comprehensive as possible!
SURGEONS (Those who are italicized do NOT require a therapist’s letter)
- Dr. Medalie – Cleveland, OH – http://www.clevelandplasticsurgery.com/transgender-surgery
- Dr. Garramone – Sunrise, FL – http://www.drgarramone.com/transgenderflorida/ – Has been known to operate on explicitly female-identified people
- Dr. Raphael – Plano, TX – http://www.ai4ps.com/procedures/transgender/female-to-male-mastectomy/ – Has been known to operate on explicitly female-identified people
- Dr. Steinwald – Lake Forest, IL – http://www.lfplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/chest-masculinization.cfm – Has been known to operate on explicitly female-identified people
- Dr. Fischer – Timonium, MD – http://www.beverlyfischer.com/default.html
- Dr. Ceber – Melbourne, Australia – Letter requirements unknown
- Dr. Mclean – Mississauga, Ontario – http://www.mcleanclinic.com/ftm.php
- Dr. Brownstein – San Francisco, CA – http://www.brownsteinmd.com/ – Letter requirements depend on the patient – Has been known to operate on explicitly female-identified people
- Dr. Buckley – Minneapolis, MN – Letter requirements unknown
- Katy Koonce – Katy is willing to do phone sessions with and write letters for people all over the US. Her contact information can be found here: http://katykoonce.com/contact.htm
- Ceointhe415 – http://www.youtube.com/user/ceointhe415/videos
- Weirdopal1 – http://www.youtube.com/user/weirdopal1/videos
- Ashtreechill – http://www.youtube.com/user/ashtreechill/videos – A butch who has had top surgery
- PerpetualTomboy – http://www.youtube.com/user/perpetualtomboy – A straight, female-identified tomboy who wants top surgery
- Butchinthesouth - http://butchinthesouth.tumblr.com/tagged/top+surgery
- How to Bring Your Kids Up Queer – A blog written by Paige Schilt, whose wife, Katy Koonce (the therapist mentioned above), has had top surgery. Check the “gender” tag for relevant entries. http://howtobringyourkidsupqueer.blogspot.com/search/label/Gender
- Transbucket – http://www.transbucket.com/ – This site provides pictures of top surgery results. A login is required.
- WPATH (World Professional Association for Transgender Health) – This is a link to the new Standards of Care, which has provisions for gender-non-conforming people who want top surgery. http://www.wpath.org/publications_standards.cfm
- http://neutrois.me/tag/top-surgery/ – Blog written by an FTN (female-to-neutrois) individual who has had top surgery
Hmmm….in my hypothetical world where I do have top surgery, I would choose Fisher. It seems as if this is possible.
For those people needing or considering top surgery…